Wednesday, March 03, 2004

Why I hate Specter summed up in one short paragraph...

Didn't think it was possible...but then I saw the transcript of Specter's latest primary campaign commercial:

Les Sheaffer – Brittany’s father:
“Brittany has a disease called Mucopolysaccharidosis, MPS.
She’s not going to go to the prom. She’s not going to have a wedding. She’s eleven years old but cognitively she functions as an infant, and she can’t be left unattended for any length of time.
We had nursing care that was approved. The insurance company then reduced her care and then denied the care that her doctor said that she needed. When I went to Pat Toomey’s office, and I asked for help and I followed up with three phone calls after that meeting and I never even got a phone call back.
I approached Senator Specter’s office and asked for some assistance because I didn’t know what else to do; I didn’t know where else to go. Senator Specter cut the red tape and made sure that Brittany got the nursing care that she needed.
The bottom line is nobody’s been better in the Senate for children with rare diseases than Senator Specter.
Pat Toomey has other priorities, but I don’t know what they are.”


(via The Corner)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home